Accident victims often face a wide range of adversities such as emotional damages, physical pain, suffering, lost wages, and other effects following an accident. As a result, victims and their families are often left with extremely costly medical expenses and other financial hardships. At Martin, Jean & Jackson, we understand that victims are often forced to face one of the hardest times in their lives, and that is why we are ready to stand by their sides from start to finish.
When you choose to work with our personal injury team in Tulsa, you can rest easier knowing we will handle all of the details of your case and ensure your rights are protected from start to finish. In each step of your case, we will ensure you receive the medical attention and care you need as we handle the extensive legal process.
How Our Team Can Help You
- Free Consultations
- Over $500 Million Recovered
- Award-Winning Representation
- 100+ Years of Combined Experience
Ready to begin your case? Contact our Tulsa personal injury lawyers at Martin, Jean & Jackson today. We are ready to put our experience to work for you.
Cases we handle
Oklahoma is a “fault” statute when it comes to car accident laws. This means that the party responsible for the accident is responsible for any resulting damages. Learn more about Tulsa car accident laws and how our firm can help you by reading our car accident page!
When an injury is particularly severe or results in permanent damage it is known as “catastrophic.” Often victims of catastrophic injuries have more expenses in the short and long term. Our team focuses on recovering the compensation you deserve. Learn more today.
Motorcycles are more vulnerable on the road than drivers in cars, however, all too often motorists engage in reckless or negligent driving behavior. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, let us fight for you! Learn more about motorcycle law and how our team can help on our motorcycle accidents page.
Nursing Home Abuse
When you entrust a nursing home with the health and well-being of your loved one, you expect them to be taken care of. If you suspect they are failing to do so, our team is standing by to help you. Learn more on our nursing home abuse page.
Pedestrians may have the right of way, but all too often drivers fail to look out for them. Our attorneys break down pedestrian injury law and how our firm can help you if you have been injured. Read more today!
Truck accident claims can be complicated, from liability to insurance companies who may try to limit your claim, you need a qualified truck accident attorney in your corner. Learn more about how our team can help you, we fight for maximum compensation!
While nothing can replace the tragic loss of a loved one, easing the financial burden that often accompanies the loss can provide some amount of help. If you have a lost a loved one, our team of attorneys is ready to fight on your behalf to hold the party responsible accountable for their negligent behavior and recover the compensation you and your family deserves.
Negotiating with Insurance Companies
One of the biggest mistakes we see people make after they are involved in car accidents or other incidents is trying to work with the insurance company themselves. Remember, the insurance company is not on your side; their adjusters may try to use tactics to get you to admit fault, which they can then use to devalue or even deny your claim. It is always in your best interests to refrain from speaking with any insurance adjusters and instead let our experienced attorneys negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
At Martin, Jean & Jackson, our Tulsa personal injury lawyers have handled countless settlement negotiations for our clients. We can even handle all communication with the involved insurance company and its adjusters so that you can simply focus on getting the crucial medical treatment you need and healing from your injuries. We are prepared to aggressively negotiate a favorable settlement on your behalf and, if this is not possible, we will take your case to trial.
What Do I Risk by NOT Contacting a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you’ve been involved in an accident or were otherwise injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be wondering if you even need a personal injury attorney. Taking legal action may seem like an added stressor that you simply don’t need right now, but, in fact, there are numerous reasons why you should consider hiring a personal injury lawyer.
Here’s what you could risk if you don’t work with an attorney:
- Unintentionally implicating yourself in the accident/incident: Car accidents, slip and falls, and other accidents can happen in the blink of an eye. The aftermath of these incidents can be hectic and disorientating. You may not clearly remember all of the exact details of what happened, which could put you at risk of unintentional inconsistencies in your story when explaining the incident to insurance adjusters. Unfortunately, this offers a perfect opportunity for those adjusters to question your explanation of the event, including your share of the blame, which they can then use to devalue or deny your claim.
- Exposing yourself to insurance adjusters’ deceitful tactics: Insurance adjusters can be very cunning in their efforts to limit payouts and deny injury claims. If you choose not to work with an attorney and instead speak to the adjuster on your own, you put yourself at risk of making mistakes when faced with the adjuster’s trick questions and leading statements. Even responding to an adjuster’s inquiries about your injuries could come back to haunt you.
- Failing to report unnoticed injuries: In many cases, your injuries (or the full extent of your injuries) may not be immediately apparent after the accident. However, in many cases, the insurance adjuster will contact you soon after the accident. You could report that you weren’t injured or only suffered minor injuries—only to realize later that your injuries are much more severe than you initially thought. This could ultimately hurt your claim and your ability to recover compensation for all of your medical expenses.
In addition to dealing with insurance adjusters on your behalf, your personal injury attorney can help you prepare evidence to support your claim and negotiate for a fair settlement on your behalf. If a settlement cannot be reached, your attorney can help you prepare for litigation and represent you at trial.
How Do I Know If I Actually Need an Attorney?
When determining whether to contact a personal injury attorney, there are a few things you should consider:
- Did you suffer serious or catastrophic injuries?
- Was someone killed as a result of the accident/incident?
- Were you unable to work due to your injuries?
- Are you permanently disabled, either partially or completely, as a result of the accident?
- Are you unable to return to work due to your disability?
- Were you involved in an accident with a large truck or commercial vehicle?
- Were you injured on a commercial or governmental property?
- Is there a potential for contested liability?
- Could there be more than one liable party?
- Have you been ignored by the insurance company?
- Did the insurance company offer a lowball settlement or deny your claim?
If you’re facing any sort of complexity with your personal injury claim, it is in your best interest to work with a knowledgeable and skilled personal injury attorney. Failing to contact a lawyer could result in you being unable to recover all of the compensation you are entitled to receive; you could even find yourself unable to recover any compensation whatsoever.
What is the statute of limitations in Oklahoma?
A statute of limitations refers to the time limit someone has to file a personal injury claim. If a claim is filed outside of these time limits their case will most likely be invalid and they will lose their right to compensation. These laws differ state by state, in Oklahoma the statute of limitations is two years from the date of injury. Oklahoma recognizes that there are reasonable exceptions to filing a claim in this time period for certain cases. If you aren't sure if you qualify for one an attorney can assist you.
What Damages Are Available in Personal Injury Cases?
There are three main damages available in a personal injury claim punitive, economic, and non-economic. Non-economic damages also called general damages, compensate for abstract losses associated with an injury such as pain and suffering while economic damages compensation for more quantifiable losses such as medical expenses and missed days at work. In 2011 Oklahoma put a cap of $350,000 on how much non-economic damages can be award.
Punitive damages are different from economic and non-economic since their main purpose is to punish the negligent party. In order for punitive damages to be awarded, it must be shown that the negligent party knew their actions could cause harm and did so anyway.
Is It Possible to Suffer PTSD From an Injury Accident?
While post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is most often associated with members of the military or individuals who suffer extremely traumatic events, suffering an injury in an accident can also cause PTSD. In fact, The National Institute of Mental Health states that anyone “experiencing a shocking, scary, or dangerous event” can develop this order. Learn more about the signs and symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder and how it can affect your personal injury case by reading our blog, “Proving PTSD in Personal Injury Cases.”
Our Tulsa Legal Team is Ready to Take Your Case
At Martin, Jean & Jackson, our personal injury attorneys in Tulsa have more than 100 years of combined legal experience and are backed by the resources and knowledge to help you obtain the maximum financial compensation you deserve. To do so, we ensure every piece of evidence is collected in order to prove that your injuries were caused by a reckless, careless, or otherwise negligent individual or entity.
We know personal injury cases can be emotionally draining, and that is why we work diligently to handle all of the complicated legal aspects while you and your family focus on a quick and complete physical recovery. When you entrust your case with our team, we will ensure the legal process is as seamless as possible. Because these types of cases are time-sensitive, we urge you to get in touch with us right away.
Call our Tulsa personal injury lawyers at Martin, Jean & Jackson to schedule your 100% risk-free consultation today!
Over 100 Years of Combined Experience
At Martin Jean & Jackson, our expertise means you will have the best possible outcome for your case.
More than half a billion recovered
Our proven track record shows that we will give you the representation you need.
OVER 15,000 INJURY CLIENTS REPRESENTED
If you have been injured in accident, let us be the first to help you. We are dedicated to winning your case.
Individually Tailored Legal Services
Our services are not a "one-size-fits-all." We take the time to listen to your needs and provide personalized care.