Senior adults are among some of the most vulnerable members of our society and deserve our care and compassion. Since many of us do not have the skills or medical knowledge necessary to care for our elderly loved ones at home, we entrust nursing homes to provide the attention they need. Unfortunately, this trust is sometimes betrayed and our elderly loved ones are abused and neglected. At Martin Jean & Jackson in Tulsa, we will do what is necessary to protect your loved one and fight on their behalf if they were abused or neglected by nursing home staff.
Contact our Tulsa legal team today at (580) 290-1006 to schedule a complimentary case review with one of our compassionate nursing home abuse attorneys.
Damages Available in a Nursing Home Abuse Case
Our nursing home abuse attorneys will help you file a complaint with the proper authorities and pursue compensation that can potentially cover the following:
- Expenses associated with having to move your loved one to a new nursing home facility
- Necessary medical care to treat your loved one’s physical and psychological injuries
- Your loved one’s financial and personal losses
- Pain and suffering experienced by your loved one
- Any other additional expenses associated with your loved one’s injuries
Examples of cases our Tulsa nursing home abuse attorneys represent include:
- Neglect of a nursing home patient’s basic needs, including hygiene and nutrition
- Inadequate supervision
- Bed sores
- Dropped patients
- Wheelchair accidents
- Falls in nursing homes
- Choking accidents
- Dangerous environmental conditions
- Injuries caused by emotional or physical abuse
Reporting Incidents of Nursing Home Abuse in Oklahoma
If you suspect your elderly loved one is being abused or neglected by nursing home staff, it is imperative that you do not hesitate to take action. Contact one of our nursing home abuse attorneys for legal assistance. Depending on the circumstances of your situation, you should consider the following:
- If your loved one is in immediate danger, call 911 for assistance and have your loved one removed from the nursing home facility.
- If you have suspicions of abuse or neglect, report them to the manager of the care facility. Make sure this report is done in writing and explicitly request that a response be made in writing as well.
- For your own records, jot down your observations of your loved one’s condition and what you suspect is happening. Include as many details as you can.
Call Our Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Tulsa Today!
When you entrust a nursing home facility with the health and overall well-being of your elderly loved one, you expect them to provide exceptional care and comfort. If you suspect this is not the case and that your loved one is being abused and neglected, contact the legal team at Martin Jean & Jackson in Tulsa for the knowledgeable representation you need at this time. Our attorneys are backed by a proven history of success and have over 100 years of combined legal experience that we will use to your advantage.
Contact our law firm today at (580) 290-1006 to schedule a free case review with one of our compassionate attorneys.
Over 100 Years of Combined Experience
At Martin Jean & Jackson, our expertise means you will have the best possible outcome for your case.
More than half a billion recovered
Our proven track record shows that we will give you the representation you need.
OVER 15,000 INJURY CLIENTS REPRESENTED
If you have been injured in accident, let us be the first to help you. We are dedicated to winning your case.
Individually Tailored Legal Services
Our services are not a "one-size-fits-all." We take the time to listen to your needs and provide personalized care.