Because of their massive size and weight, semi-trucks can cause devastating accidents when they collide with other motor vehicles or pedestrians. No matter how a truck accident occurs, the resulting injuries can be catastrophic or even fatal. At Martin Jean & Jackson, we are a personal injury law firm that is committed to meeting the legal needs of our clients who have been seriously injured in semi-truck accidents.
If you or someone you know suffered injuries or other losses in a truck accident, you should immediately call our Tulsa legal team to get started on your case. As Oklahoma's premier personal injury law firm, we have dedicate our efforts to securing the maximum amount of compensation available for our clients. We have the legal resources, skills, and knowledge you need on your side to level the playing field against large insurance and trucking companies.
Set up your free case consultation with our friendly Tulsa truck accident lawyers. Call (580) 290-1006 today.
We Can Help You Take On Insurers
Because semi-trucks are commercial vehicles that are generally used for transporting goods and other cargo, trucking companies are required to carry adequate insurance to cover any accidents that might arise. Commercial trucks are comprised of a tractor that holds the driver and the semi-trailer that holds the goods and cargo. When you are involved in an accident with either of these two parts of the truck, it can result in serious or fatal injuries.
Because of how serious a truck accident can be, trucking companies often have a team of lawyers to help them fight against any accident or injury claim that is filed against them. This is why it is important to have legal representation you can trust by your side. An experienced semi-truck accident attorney can help you collect crucial evidence to build your case and prove the truck driver’s negligent actions caused your injuries. Our legal team is ready to fight for your rights and we will not back down from big insurance companies that want to limit or deny your injury claim.
Who is Financially Responsible for Semi-Truck Accidents?
After being hurt in a truck accident that was not your fault, someone should owe you financial compensation. But who will it be? The answer depends on all of the factors that contributed to the collision, and what our attorneys can use to prove negligence on behalf of various parties.
Evidence could show that these parties were liable, at least in part, for your injuries:
- Truck driver: When a trucker’s own gross negligence causes a crash, they could be the main defendant in your claim.
- Trucking company: A truck driver who is an employee of a trucking company changes the way liability is applied to a case. Employers can be held responsible for the negligence of their employees through liability law.
- Third parties: Load crews, mechanics, truck part manufacturers, and more can all be liable to some extent for a truck accident. It will be our job to ensure all possible defendants are known and named to pursue the greatest amount of compensation possible.
What Our Truck Accident Lawyers Can Do for You
As you might be able to tell by now just from how much there is to say about truck accidents, your claim or lawsuit has a good chance of getting complicated as it progresses. The trucking industry is regulated top-to-bottom, which can and does add unexpected complexities to cases. Trucking companies also usually retain skilled defense attorneys or keep an entire defense law firm contracted as their legal department. The lawyers who work those cases in their defense will stop at nothing to defeat your claim and impress their employers.
We highly encourage you to hire the representation of our Tulsa truck accident attorneys to keep everything simple for you. With us directing your case, you can sit back and do your best to recuperate from your injuries. Meanwhile, we manage every step with the same care and attentiveness we would use if we were representing ourselves.
Five things you can count on us for:
- Free initial consultation: The first step in any truck accident claim is knowing that you have a legally valid claim to compensation against the truck driver or trucking company. We can determine in most situations if a claim is valid through discussions during an initial and free consultation.
- Investigation and evidence review: If your claim is valid and everyone agrees that we should be the team that represents you, then we will want to move forward with investigations and evidence review. We can network with various experts to make the most of the evidence.
- Settlement discussions: When confronted with a well-constructed injury claim, many trucking companies will want to talk settlements to avoid their name getting taken to court. Our attorneys can negotiate settlement offers on your behalf and insist upon getting a fair amount.
- Lawsuit representation: Sometimes settlement negotiations do not end a claim because the defendant will not offer enough compensation to take care of a client’s needs. If this happens, then we will be already prepared to file a lawsuit and go before a judge and jury for you.
- After-case check-ins: The conclusion of a case through a verdict or settlement is not the end of what our law firm does for our clients. If you prefer, we can check with you in the weeks following your case’s ending to ensure you are doing well and understand the outcome, such as when to expect settlement payments if your case ended with a structured settlement.
Let Our Tulsa Truck Accident Attorneys Get Started On Your Case
We know that insurance adjusters only want to look out for the interests of the company they work for. When dealing with trucking companies, we know that protecting their reputation and mitigating responsibility is their primary concern.
Our legal professionals want to maximize your results and secure the justice you deserve, which is why we are committed to looking out for your interests and fighting for every penny you deserve. If you have sustained serious injuries in a truck accident, immediately call us to discuss how to move forward with your injury claim. With more than 100 years of combined experience, we know which legal strategies work best in these types of cases. Let us put our skills and resources to work for you.
Call (580) 290-1006 today to schedule your case consultation with our Tulsa legal team.
Over 100 Years of Combined Experience
At Martin Jean & Jackson, our expertise means you will have the best possible outcome for your case.
More than half a billion recovered
Our proven track record shows that we will give you the representation you need.
OVER 15,000 INJURY CLIENTS REPRESENTED
If you have been injured in accident, let us be the first to help you. We are dedicated to winning your case.
Individually Tailored Legal Services
Our services are not a "one-size-fits-all." We take the time to listen to your needs and provide personalized care.